CodeHS vs Coding Rooms
Tailored to teachers' need for higher student activity and performance transparency, Coding Rooms is the more powerful tool compared to CodeHS for teaching Computer Science.
CodeHS vs Coding Rooms
From industry-first features like the real-time student coding dashboard to in-depth engagement analytics, learn what makes Coding Rooms the best alternative for programming teachers who need comprehensive tooling, reliability, and support.
|Unified Teacher Dashboard|
|View All Students' Code in Real-time|
|Student Engagement Metrics (Keystroke Tracking)|
|Comments on Code|
|Different languages in 1 workspace|
|Large Variety of Coding Languages|
|Input/Output and Unit Tests|
|No Software Install Needed|
- See your students code in real-time and interact with their code to provide immediate and individualized support
- Track student engagement live with the activity monitor to identify and focus on students need attention the most
- Collaborative editing for you or your students to work together as a class or in breakout groups
- Integrated audio and video conferencing, screen sharing, and recording to take your class 100% online
- Get started with free course templates from our community
- Buy and sell computer science curriculum and course content that is fully integrated with the Coding Rooms platform
- Subscribe to and build upon Coding Rooms' own course content to minimize time spent reinventing the wheel
Assignments & Autograding
- Leverage our autograding feature to reduce time spent on evaluation, allowing you to focus 100% on teaching and providing feedback
- Get started instantly with hundreds of pre-built assignments and templates
- Write assignments to test student progress and view consolidated scores in the gradebook
- Utilize our code playback feature to check for plagarism and monitor student effort
- Create courses, schedule classes, and organize rosters to structure student learning
- Manage content and curriculum access in a safe and secure environment
- Test and run code in your own private workspace, then share to others for viewing
Extensive Programming Language Support
Don’t see your language listed here? Reach out to our support team—we’re always looking to add new languages!
Switch to Coding Rooms
All the features and support you need to run your programming classes like a pro. Choose Coding Rooms today.