zyBooks vs Coding Rooms
What zyBooks lacks in product features, Coding Rooms has. From an interactive and collaborative workspace to an all-encompassing IDE, Coding Rooms provides a far more engaging experience.
zyBooks vs Coding Rooms
From industry-first features like the real-time student coding dashboard to in-depth engagement analytics, learn what makes Coding Rooms the best alternative for teachers who need comprehensive tooling, reliability, and support.
|Unified Teacher Dashboard|
|View All Students' Code in Real-time|
|Student Engagement Metrics (Keystroke Tracking)|
|Multi-file, Multithreading IDE|
|Record Your Classes|
|Replay Recorded Classes|
|Real-time Code Error Tracking|
|Large Variety of Coding Languages|
|No Software Install Needed|
|Animated Textbook Content|
The zyBooks alternative that brings your in-class exercises to life
Make the right choice with a dependable feature-rich platform by choosing Coding Rooms today.
- See your students code in real-time and interact with their code to provide immediate and individualized support
- Track student engagement live with the activity monitor to identify and focus on students need attention the most
- Collaborative editing for you or your students to work together as a class or in breakout groups
- Integrated audio and video conferencing, screen sharing, and recording to take your class 100% online
- Get started with free course templates from our community
- Buy and sell computer science curriculum and course content that is fully integrated with the Coding Rooms platform
- Subscribe to and build upon Coding Rooms' own course content to minimize time spent reinventing the wheel
Assignments & Autograding
- Leverage our autograding feature to reduce time spent on evaluation, allowing you to focus 100% on teaching and providing feedback
- Get started instantly with hundreds of pre-built assignments and templates
- Write assignments to test student progress and view consolidated scores in the gradebook
- Utilize our code playback feature to check for plagarism and monitor student effort
- Create courses, schedule classes, and organize rosters to structure student learning
- Manage content and curriculum access in a safe and secure environment
- Test and run code in your own private workspace, then share to others for viewing
Extensive Programming Language Support
Don’t see your language listed here? Reach out to our support team—we’re always looking to add new languages!
Switch to Coding Rooms
All the features and support you need to run your programming classes like a pro. Choose Coding Rooms today.